My creative journey started when I discovered stamping and card-making in March, 2010. At the time, my husband asked, "how long is this one going to last?" A fair question considering my recent passing crazes: beading, triathlon, cycling, dog-training to name a few. I couldn't articulate an answer at the time but I knew that somehow, this would be different. What I've discovered is that stamping is not just a hobby to help pass the time or to keep my mind busy; rather, it has therapeutic qualities in itself. When I am making a card, the whole world shuts off as I focus on my design and concentrate on putting together the bits and pieces of card and ink. The creative process builds my self-esteem, calms my mind and delights my spirit. And I know that the card itself will also bring joy or solace to someone else one day. At the moment I firmly believe that crafting is a gift from God in my life and I am exploring ways to use this gift in some form of ministry for Him.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Hummingbird Sketch Challenge for GKD


I made this card for a Stamp TV sketch challenge last week. It took a long time and I smudged a couple of spots but other than that I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I embossed the background layer in my Cuttlebug and coloured the flower and hummingbird with my Tombows on watercolour card--cut them out and put them on top with pop-dots. The flourish in the background comes from the stem on one of the flowers: all stamps are GKD, Nina Brackett's set, "Hugs and Prayers"


Cardstock: SU Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette
Inks: Memento and Tombows
Stamps: GKD Hugs and Prayers


Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment