My creative journey started when I discovered stamping and card-making in March, 2010. At the time, my husband asked, "how long is this one going to last?" A fair question considering my recent passing crazes: beading, triathlon, cycling, dog-training to name a few. I couldn't articulate an answer at the time but I knew that somehow, this would be different. What I've discovered is that stamping is not just a hobby to help pass the time or to keep my mind busy; rather, it has therapeutic qualities in itself. When I am making a card, the whole world shuts off as I focus on my design and concentrate on putting together the bits and pieces of card and ink. The creative process builds my self-esteem, calms my mind and delights my spirit. And I know that the card itself will also bring joy or solace to someone else one day. At the moment I firmly believe that crafting is a gift from God in my life and I am exploring ways to use this gift in some form of ministry for Him.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sam's 9th Birthday

Happy 9th birthday Sam! It's hard to believe that exactly nine years ago this minute I was in labour with my firstborn! It was a slow day but it's been a crazy fast nine years!
I made this card for Sam using my new stamps from Gina K Designs: The Journey, designed by the very talented Asela Hopkins. The minute I saw this image I knew it had to be for Sam and I chose the sentiment for the same reason. Of course I love all my children dearly but there is a special something about my relationship with Sam, probably because he is my firstborn, or maybe it's a mother-son thing. I'm not sure but I thank God every day for the blessings Sam has brought to our lives.
I stamped the image in Stazon on watercolour paper, coloured it with Tombows and then masked it in order to sponge the background and stamp the steps. I stamped the sentiment and made an oval with my Nesties, then cut out a fancy tag to frame it.
Stamps: Gina K Designs The Journey
Cardstock: SU, Black, Certainly Celery and Brocade Blue
Inks: Memento
Markers: Tombows

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card for Sam! This is a nice stamp..must go check out the set (like I don't have enough hehe!)

    ReplyDelete