My creative journey started when I discovered stamping and card-making in March, 2010. At the time, my husband asked, "how long is this one going to last?" A fair question considering my recent passing crazes: beading, triathlon, cycling, dog-training to name a few. I couldn't articulate an answer at the time but I knew that somehow, this would be different. What I've discovered is that stamping is not just a hobby to help pass the time or to keep my mind busy; rather, it has therapeutic qualities in itself. When I am making a card, the whole world shuts off as I focus on my design and concentrate on putting together the bits and pieces of card and ink. The creative process builds my self-esteem, calms my mind and delights my spirit. And I know that the card itself will also bring joy or solace to someone else one day. At the moment I firmly believe that crafting is a gift from God in my life and I am exploring ways to use this gift in some form of ministry for Him.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010



Another couple for Vicki's sketch challenges on Stamp TV. I made the one at the top first and then after entering it in the challenge discovered it was supposed to be a square card! A stickler for rules I am, so I had to do another one (bottom), this time changing it up a little with a different green and sentiment. I still seem to be drawn to these sympathy sentiments of Nina Brackett's. The top card uses an image from Gina K. Designs called "You are not alone", the sentiment from GKD, "Sending Sunshine" and the flourish from Inkadinkadoo. The bottom stamps are both from Nina Brackett's "Hugs and Prayers." The flourish background for both cards was made using Impressabilities Flourish as a letterpress.

Cardstock: Stamping Up, Navy, Lavendar, Certainly Celery, and ? (different green in bottom)
Ink: Memento Grape Juice
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. these are lovely Susan, I have that stamp set but not used it yet, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete