My creative journey started when I discovered stamping and card-making in March, 2010. At the time, my husband asked, "how long is this one going to last?" A fair question considering my recent passing crazes: beading, triathlon, cycling, dog-training to name a few. I couldn't articulate an answer at the time but I knew that somehow, this would be different. What I've discovered is that stamping is not just a hobby to help pass the time or to keep my mind busy; rather, it has therapeutic qualities in itself. When I am making a card, the whole world shuts off as I focus on my design and concentrate on putting together the bits and pieces of card and ink. The creative process builds my self-esteem, calms my mind and delights my spirit. And I know that the card itself will also bring joy or solace to someone else one day. At the moment I firmly believe that crafting is a gift from God in my life and I am exploring ways to use this gift in some form of ministry for Him.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Christmas Colour Challenge



Janice has challenged us on StampTV to make a card using red, black and chartreuse. She was very specific that the green had to be that yellowy sort of green. I wasn't thinking Christmas at first but after looking at the gallery I decided the Christmas attempts did look good and I gave it a go. I wanted to create a window effect with the stamped and coloured scene, but rather than looking out of a window, you're supposed to have the impression that you're looking inside a window, to a warm and cosy peaceful Christmas scene inside the house. Hence the stamped snowflakes on the chartreuse background layer, as if you're outside. Not sure if it works, but I like it well enough.

Stamps: Gina K Designs "Very Merry Christmas" by Theresa Momber
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Pear Tart and StazOn black, SU Soft Suede, Basic Grey, Tombows (orange and yellow)
Cardstock: SU Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Black, white watercolour paper
Accessories: Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment