My creative journey started when I discovered stamping and card-making in March, 2010. At the time, my husband asked, "how long is this one going to last?" A fair question considering my recent passing crazes: beading, triathlon, cycling, dog-training to name a few. I couldn't articulate an answer at the time but I knew that somehow, this would be different. What I've discovered is that stamping is not just a hobby to help pass the time or to keep my mind busy; rather, it has therapeutic qualities in itself. When I am making a card, the whole world shuts off as I focus on my design and concentrate on putting together the bits and pieces of card and ink. The creative process builds my self-esteem, calms my mind and delights my spirit. And I know that the card itself will also bring joy or solace to someone else one day. At the moment I firmly believe that crafting is a gift from God in my life and I am exploring ways to use this gift in some form of ministry for Him.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Moonlit Stag for Stamping Sisters


The challenge at Stamping Sisters for Christ this week is to create a card which reflects God's Creation in nature. Nothing speaks to me more of God's amazing gift to us in Creation than a lake in moonshine, with an animal or tree or two. I fully feel the privilege and honour that it is to be guardians or stewards of His beautiful natural world.

I have made a similar moonscape for a GKD Design Challenge, but with this one I added the foreshore and the stag in sillouette. I sponged the sky first with the lake masked and then masked the moon as well. I moved the mask when I was happy with the colours and sponged the lake, adding the island made out of torn card and then stamping the stag and grass last.

Stamps: Gina K. Designs "Life is Good" (Designed by Theresa Momber)
Ink: Memento and SU, Staz On black
Cardstock: SU Night of Navy, Apricot Appeal, Grey (light)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sisters In Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene!! Great coloring and design! Thanks for joining the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scene! God truely has created wonders for us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Your colouring is truly gorgeous! God is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card Susan simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete