My creative journey started when I discovered stamping and card-making in March, 2010. At the time, my husband asked, "how long is this one going to last?" A fair question considering my recent passing crazes: beading, triathlon, cycling, dog-training to name a few. I couldn't articulate an answer at the time but I knew that somehow, this would be different. What I've discovered is that stamping is not just a hobby to help pass the time or to keep my mind busy; rather, it has therapeutic qualities in itself. When I am making a card, the whole world shuts off as I focus on my design and concentrate on putting together the bits and pieces of card and ink. The creative process builds my self-esteem, calms my mind and delights my spirit. And I know that the card itself will also bring joy or solace to someone else one day. At the moment I firmly believe that crafting is a gift from God in my life and I am exploring ways to use this gift in some form of ministry for Him.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas in November


I had some girlfriends around on Friday night for a Christmas card challenge night. The carols were playing, the bubbly was opened and I had a plate of strawberries and rum balls for the occassion. We had a lot of laughs and somehow even managed a bit of creative inspiration. Both of these cards for Stamp TV challenges: top is a sketch challenge and bottom is a colour challenge (green apple, lipstick red and white). The stamps are all Gina K Designs Blessed is the Season except the sentiment "peace" which comes from Hope Grows.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful Christmas cards.
    Really love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, check my blog i have given you an award. :)

    ReplyDelete